Sandtray Personal Growth Sessions
In addition to being an important part of play therapy, Sandtray can also be used in a guided, but non-therapeutic setting, to:
- Increase Self Awareness
- Solve a difficult problem
- Create community
- Bond with your partner, family, children, friends or work associates
- Manage and reduce stress (it’s like a massage for the soul)
Sandtray personal growth sessions typically last 90 – 120 minutes and are $150 per session. These sessions may be purchased individually or in packages of from 3 to 12 sessions. Packages of sessions are subject to a discount, depending on the number of sessions purchased. You may also purchase gift certificates for sandtray personal growth sessions.
Rites of Passage and Special Occasions
Sandtray can also be used as part of a very personal and powerful ritual by individuals, families and groups. Some examples are:
- Celebrating an engagement, marriage or other commitment;
- Celebrating a pregnancy or birth;
- Mourning the passing of a loved one; and
- Marking a milestone such as first menses, confirmation, a bar or bat mitzva, graduation, or passage into adulthood.
If you are interested in using sandtray at your event or ceremony please contact me to discuss the details and cost.
As a Registered Play Therapists-Supervisor (RPT-S) with the Association for Play Therapy, Elizabeth Sawyer Danowski offers Clinical Supervision to professionals looking to get the Registered Play Therapist certification and those who are are interested in working or improving their work with children.
Workshops and Presentations
Elizabeth Sawyer Danowski is available to speak at conferences, in-services and training’s about sandtray and play therapy and their applications in any settings working with almost any population. Her presentations can be customized to meet your organization’s needs.
Examples of prior workshops and presentations: